Invisible Wire Fence
The highest quality and least visible wire fence material paired with the
least visible components to create an effectively invisible wire fence.
Not all wire fence materials are created equal. We've spent many years professionally installing wire fences and have selected quality materials to offer you for self installation. These are the same fence materials that we install professionally for our own customers.
Our wire fence kits are designed to be installed by
contractors and homeowners. Put together by standard tools, we believe we offer
the highest quality, most effective and least visible fence materials of this type.
There are different grades of wire fencing material and plastic fence material and
accessories depending on your application.
Please be sure to do your research in selecting what you need for your project.
There are many catalog companies and online resellers now online selling what
appear to be the same products; buyer beware, they are not the same.
We specialize in nearly invisible fence systems with all black support posts, framework, hardware and more - exclusive to our company that you won't find anywhere else.
Rounded Strand Invisible Plastic Fence Comparison
Here are some specific differences between our plastic fencing and most everything else on the market:
Some less expensive poly dog fence material on the market is a Flat strand polypropylene plastic fence mesh and is often marketed with a three strand "reinforced bottom". Our plastic fencing is a different Rounded strand or semi round polypropylene fence material.
Both have unique characteristics:
Flat 3 strand polypropylene plastic fence material (above) is a common type of plastic fencing on the market. In our opinion it's a lesser product and the bottom often has 3 additional strands like the photo above.
Rounded strand or semi round polypropylene plastic fence material is the only material we use. We install this type of fence material for our customers and
bring it to market under three different breaking strengths: Critterfence 700, Critterfence 800 and Critterfence 1100 poly fence mesh.
The reason we use rounded strand for our Critterfence Brand fence material is because:
1) It has a higher breaking strength per square foot - Without question, if you take two pieces of the same weight polypropylene material the rounded strand will have a higher breaking strength per tensile strand and also per square foot. Our fence material is ASTM independently lab tested with the results published on our website.
2) It's less visible - To have an effective fence or a fence that will blend in well with your landscape, you need the least visible material you can get that will do the job. The beauty of this type of material is it will disappear from a short distance away (as little as 15 feet away). This is especially important for those customers trying to preserve a nice view from their back yard or don't like the look of a tall barrier fence. This material is truly an invisible dog fence from a few feet away. Flat strand fencing is much more visible by comparison, especially in the higher breaking strengths.
3) It lasts longer in sunlight - The enemy of any plastic product is direct sunlight. As time takes a toll on your fence, sunlight will break down the material and turn the black glossy material more of a matte color then finally turn it grey. It will become brittle then finally break when something hits it. Rounded strand plastic fencing by design doesn't have any flat thin edges and has tensile strength in a complete circle. This enables our round strand plastic fence to last longer outdoors than other plastic fencing on the market.
4) It stretches less - Rounded strand plastic fence material has flexibility, but does not stretch as much as flat strand plastic fencing. If a poly fence material has too much flexibility it looses structure then needs to be supported. An extreme example would be a soccer net type material that doesn't stand up on it's own. Comparable rounded strand fencing has more structure than flat strand fence material. Our Critterfence Brand fence material has structure and stands up on it's own when you unroll it.
5) It has a finished edge - Most of our Critterfence brand plastic fence material has one finished edge. This clean, finished edge is the top of the fence and the other end is the bottom. The top precision cut for a clean look. Most flat strand fence material has two unfinished edges. Unfinished edges aren't as pet friendly.
Critterfence 800 rounded strand plastic fence mesh from a few feet away
Here are different photos of Critterfence 800 from various distances:
Why wire fence or plastic fence? Wire & Plastic Comparison
All of our wire fence and plastic fence is nearly invisible from a distance.
The main difference between plastic and metal wire fencing is the ability to keep in or out chewing animals.
Here are some main advantages and disadvantages of our products, each:
Wire fence: nearly invisible from a distance, long lasting, heavier than plastic (requiring more posts), good for chewing animals, available in many different opening sizes, very strong per square foot.
Plastic fence: nearly invisible from a distance, long lasting, lighter than metal (requiring less posts), good for non-chewing animals only (like deer for example), great as a temporary fence, available in 2"x2" approximate opening size, strong per square foot.